WOWPK honours women who have been contributing tremendously to the economic development of Pakistan and created impact at large. The Women of Wonder Awards (WOW Awards) Ceremony is an annual event dedicated to celebrating Pakistani women’s professional excellence in various fields. It celebrates women whose outstanding contributions to the economic development of Pakistan are legendary. We aim to highlight and celebrate the accolades of up-and-coming inspirational female talent, to help create a new generation of female role models, and a pipeline of future leaders.
WOW Awards 2021 – Rule The World!
Nominations open on: December 21, 2020
Nominations close on: January 30, 2021
Women of Wonders Pakistan (WOWPK) brings the annual celebrations in partnership with InspireMill to shine a spotlight on women’s contribution to the society and the economy of Pakistan. This WOW awards series acts as a flagship and high-profile platform to support our women in various industries in its mission to help create an inclusive and gender balance work environment by showcasing the achievements of women in the traditional and non-traditional sectors and identifying new role models.
- To highlight the importance of women advancement and empowerment in professional fields.
- To honour women who have been contributing tremendously to the economic development of Pakistan and created impact at large.
- To celebrate the accolades of up-and-coming inspirational female talent, to help create a new generation of female role models, and a pipeline of future leaders.
- To recognize the efforts of men who have been supporting and contributing to women empowerment.
RULES FOR NOMINATIONS & AWARDS:
Nominations for the Women of Wonders Awards 2021 will be collected through a standard and predefined criteria. Both categories and procedure to nominate will be announced well in time and all nominees will have equal and considerable time to apply.
- Nominations are accepted for the activities performed only between the duration of past one year i.e. Jan 2020 – Dec 2020
- The Awards will be in the form of a souvenir suitably inscribed.
- Nominations are absolutely free of cost and will be taken online through a registration link.
- Self- nomination is allowed and encouraged. One can nominate herself in more than one category.
- All Pakistani female nationals are allowed to nominate themselves or other women.
- Nominations will be deemed ineligible if they are not accompanied by appropriate documentation (see nomination form).
- Short-listed nominees may be asked to provide further documents or confirmation of claims made.
- Nominations not qualifying any of the criteria mentioned under the categories will be excluded from the competition. Only online submissions will be accepted.
- In the unlikely situation where a category is not deemed to be viable, the organizers reserve the right to cancel the category without prior notice.
- The jury panel and organizers reserve the right to refer a nomination for consideration in an alternative award category if eligible.
- The final results are known only to the jury and organizers and will be kept secret until the final announcement at the Women of Wonders Awards 2021 ceremony.
- The event is happening in Islamabad. All nominees applying from other cities or villages of the country will have to bear the travel and lodging expenses on their own. The grand event participation fee is exclusive and shall be followed through a formal registration process.
- Nominations will be assessed upon quality of work, excellence and achievements on the basis of materials supplied with the nomination form.
- The winners will be selected through a two tier process i.e. via public voting and a prestigious panel of 3 members jury. All nominees will have equal time to promote their profiles and vouch for public voting.
- Once shortlisted, the voting will be held through public online voting which will be used as a proportion of scoring to decide the winner along with the jury selections. Any attempts by entrants to manipulate the voting system will result in exclusion from the Awards.
- Decisions reached by the jury and from public voting are final and no discussion regarding the result shall be entered into.
- Results will be announced during the event and awards will be given. In case the winner is not able to appear in person, the award will be sent to her through courier.
- Women of Wonders Pakistan (WOWPK, InspireMill and partners reserve the right to reject any entry form that contains significant factual errors or that contains inaccuracies which appear to have been intended to mislead the jury about the eligibility of the awards.
For inquiries & sponsorship packages, please contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WOW Awards 2020
When a woman’s potential is championed, a whole society moves forward. We successfully conducted a remarkable event of Women of Wonders Awards 2020 on March 04, 2020 at the Marriott Hotel, Islamabad with the help of our supporting partners InspireMill, NShield Solutions and Connected Women Pakistan.
Nominations for the Women of Wonders Awards 2020 were collected through standard and predefined criteria for 10 special categories. The winners were selected through a two tier process, via public voting and a prestigious panel of 3 member jury. The Award categories included: Health, Education, Tech/STEM/Engineering, Lifestyle, Food & Agriculture, Finance/ECommerce, Public Services, Community Work, Women Entrepreneurship and Lifetime Impact. Special Awards were also given to the women for exceptional contributions to any of the nominated categories that do not qualify for an existing award category.